Gynaecology - Obstetrics
- Medical advice and consultations in the area of obstetrics
- Pregnancy and childbirth care with the possibilty of the doctor's attendance during delivery.
- Prenatal education "in a nutshell" - classes for pregnant women, including consultations with qualified midwifes, preparing for childbirth, postnatal period, breasfeeding and childcare - details
- CTG – Cardiotocography (monitoring of the fetal heartbeat)
- Obstetric ultrasonography - pregnancy monitoring and 4D ultrasound genetic screening of the fetus in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy – using a state of the art ultrasonograph Voluson 730 Expert - details
- Medical advice and consultations in the area of gynaecology
- Gynaecological ultrasonography - allows for detailed evaluation of the reproductive organs and elimination of some pathologies, such as uterine fibroids, polyps, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), abnormalities of the reproductive organ and many others.
- Gynaecological examination – allows for preliminary evaluation of the reproductive organ, its structure, location, ability to move and potential painfullness. It facilitates determination of some of the diseases of the cervix, ovaries and ectocervix: cervical ectropion, genital warts, inflammations, abnormalities, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, adhesions, etc.
- Contraception advice – our doctors provide help and advice in choosing individually tailored contraception methods as well as information about the advantages and disadvantages of a given method.
- Insertion of state of the art hormonal intrauterine devices: Mirena and Jaydesse.
- Treatment of abnormal conditions and inflammations of the reproductive organs: bacterial vaginosis (BV), mycosis, inflammations of uterine appendages and other parts of the reproductive organ.
- Vaginal smears – Pap smear (samples smeared directly onto a microscope slide) and liquid based cytology (currently recommended). Samples are evaluated in two classification systems: Papanicolaou and Bethesda. Results are discussed during a consultation.
- Screening for all currently known HPV(Human papillomavirus) genotypes, primarily 14 basic genotypes and a wider range of 37 genotypes, we also provide a more specific mRNA screening.
- Microbiological tests - a wide range of vaginal smears for aerobes, anaerobes, fungi, trichomonas vaginalis, as well as Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma and Chlamydia. The tests determine vaginal PH levels, antibiograms, and antimycograms. Some of the samples are analysed using state of the art and very accurate PCR technology, others through cell cultures. At the moment we cooperate with two leading laboratories – CBM (Microbiological Test Center – Centrum Badań Mikrobiologicznych) and PRO-LAB. The test results are discussed during medical appointments and consultations. The results help to evaluate inflammation processes and apply the appropriate treatment.
- Photo- and cryotherapy: two (non-invasive) methods used in treatment of cervical ectropion, genital warts and some other diseases of the ectocervix and the vulva as well as the anal area.
Infertility diagnosis and treatment
- gynaecological, andrological, endocrinological consultations
- ultrasound ovulation monitoring, stimulation of menstrual cycle, hormonal tests
- semen analysis: computer assisted (CASA) and manual semen analisys , Sperm Chromatin Structure Assay test (SCSA), Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS), TRIPLE screen, MAR test, Postcoital test (PCT), seminal fructose levels
- tubal patency evaluation: Sono-HSG testing - tubal patency estimation, determination of the uterine cavity size and endometrium disorders
Ultrasonography (USG) with the posibility of 3D/4D imaging
- There are two state of the art ultrasonographic instruments in our center:
- Voluson 730 Expert 3D / 4D - one of the best medical sonographic instruments in the world, used mainly for ultrasound screening in pregnancy and assesment of the risk of some genetic diseases of the fetus. Sections of the 4D films are burned onto DVD discs. If it's possible, good images of examined babies are printed in colour.
- Logiq P5 – ultrasonographic instrument with high quality imaging, used mainly for gynaecological examinations, ovulation monitoring, abdominal, thyroid, testicular and breast ultrasounds, echocardiography of veins and arteries, as well as basic ultrasound screenings in pregnancy. Our patients can observe the examination process on additional wall-mounted screens.
Our ultrasonography department provides:
- Pregnancy ultrasound screening
- Ultrasound genetic screening in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Ovulation monitoring ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound
- Testicular ultrasound
- Abdominal cavity ultrasound
- Thyroid and salivary glands ultrasounds
- Doppler echocardiography of leg veins and carotid arteries
Laboratory and genetic tests:
- Laboratory tests (blood and urine) - a complete range of laboratory tests, we cooperate with certified laboratories, such as Kraków based Diagnostyka
- Pap smear and liquid based cytology- oncological evaluation in the Papanicolaou and Bethesda classification systems
- HPV - Screening for all possible HPV (Human papillomavirus) genotypes: 14 genotypes, 37 genotypes , mRNA
- Vaginal smears – antibiograms of anaerobic and aerobic bacteria, fungi, trichomonas vaginalis, determination of vaginal PH levels
- Microbiological tests for bacteria: Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, Chlamydia – samples analysed in a PCR technology
- BRCA1 testing – genetic testing for an increased risk of a hereditary cancerous diseases, e.g. breast-ovarian cancer syndrome
- Photo- and cryotherapy: state of the art treatment of diseases of the cervix: cervical ectropion and genital warts
We have prepared specialised sets of tests necessary for the following:
- monitoring of pregnancy – physiological and pathological
- diagnosis and treatment of infertility
- diagnosis of the causes of some miscarriages: among others Antiphospholipid syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), some Thrombophilias (abnormality of blood coagulation)
- preparing for medical procedures and childbirth
- preparing for contraception
- treatment of other abnormalities: hormonal abnormalities, thyroid disorders, liver and kidney diseases and many others...