We are happy to invite you to the Infertility treatment section of our clinic, established to help those couples, who, for various reasons, have not yet been able to have children. Our main aim is to support you in making the beautiful dream of becoming a mother and father come true.
The clinic is equipped with the state of the art equipment, as we would like to offer the best possible standard of diagnosing and treating infertility in both women and men.
Krystyna Skamla, MD: gynaecologist – obstetrician
Sylwia Tabor, MD: endocrinologist
Kinga Wójcik, certified midwife
Anna Herdzik : technician
Infertility diagnosis and treatment require a team effort of all our medical staff, who are:
Bartłomiej Golański MD, Zofia Wasiniewska MD, Jerzy Jakubowski MD, Marcin Mika MD and
Bogusława Zielińska (Licenced midwife, Gynaecological nursing specialist), Mirosława Kujawa (Licenced midwife, Gynaecological nursing specialist), Angelika Burgknap – Rumian MA (Certified midwife).
In order to provide each individual couple with the best choice of infertility diagnosis and treatment we offer:
- gynaecologic, andrological and endocrinological advice and consultations
- ultrasound screening
- ovulation monitoring
- tubal patency tests
- semen analysis
Below is a short description of the methods used. For more information, please visit our center.
Gynaecological, andrological and endocrinological appointments and consultations
- during appointments apart from completing your detailed medical history, the results of previous tests and medical records are analysed. Your doctor asseses your health condition and together with you arranges further diagnostic process and potential treatment. With all probability you will be recommended to undergo a gynaecological examination and undergo tests, such as cytology and vaginal smears, as well as - irreplacable these days – gynaecological or obstetric ultrasound and/or breast ultrasound. Naturally, not all of these have to be taken immediately, unless your medical history and medical consultation suggests that it is absolutely necessary. We would like to assure you, that each of our patients is treated with great sensitivity and we do our best to make all examinations and tests as painless and stress-free as possible.
- is the basis for diagnosis in practically all areas of medicine. In infertility diagnosis ultrasound screening is particularly important as it enables to asses the female reproductive organ, monitor the ovulation cycle and, in men, examine the testicles. Our ultrasound specialists are higly certified and experienced. State of the art equipment from General Electric (GE), such as Voluson 730 Expert (3D/4D) and Logiq P5 is used for the ultrasound scans. For a detailed description of all ultrasound scans provided by our center go to USG department
Ultrasound ovulation monitoring
- ultrasonographic ovulation monitoring is used to evaluate the growth and development of ovarian follicles and to monitor the growth of the mucous membrane of the uterus – endometrium. The aim of the test is to determine the ovulation process – rupture of the Graafian follicle and release of an ovum). In practical terms, it is a series of ultrasonographic scans with a transvaginal transducer from the 10th day of the menstrual cycle onwards repetead every 3 or 4 days until ovulation is etablished. Ovulation monitoring is used as a diagnostic examination in natural mentrual cycles and in pharmacologically stimulated cycles to determine the optimal time for intercourse.
Tubal patency test
- Sono-SHG - helps to determine the patency of the fallopian tubes, the size of the uterus (developmental abnormalities, presence of uterine septum, uterine underdevelopment, uterine tumors), the disorders of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), such as endometriosis, the presence of polyps, intrauterine adhesions. The test should be done in the first week after menstruation (after bleeding and staining have stopped completely). For the tubal patency test it is necessary to have a valid vaginal smear result (the smear should be done within the previous year), and the results of the following tests: degree of vaginal cleanliness, tests for Mycoplasmahominis, Ureaplasmaurealyticum, Chlamydia trachomatis (done within 2 months prior to the test). In case of irregular periods, the tubal patency test should be preceded by a pregnancy test.